6. Church of Saint Dominic and Dominican Convent
The church and convent of Saint Dominic, also known as the Church of the Rosary, were built in 1461 by the Dominican Preaching Friars, whose order had been founded in the early 1200s
The church and convent of Saint Dominic, also known as the Church of the Rosary, were built in 1461 by the Dominican Preaching Friars, whose order had been founded in the early 1200s
It stands in the lower part of Modica and was built in the 14th century on the site of four other pre-existing churches: Santa Maria di Berlon, Saint Bartholomew the Apostle, Saint Anthony of Padua and San Mauro.
The Church of Our Lady of Grace destroyed by the great earthquake, rebuilt but never completed
The construction of the Church of Saint John the Baptist started, presumably, in 1720 and was completed in 1773. The project included the construction of a second bell tower on the right side. However, this was never completed. The church façade, consisting of two orders, is divided into five parts